We’re just an ordinary husband and wife who try to turn a house into a home. We believe that a house is floors to keep out the cold, walls to keep out the wind, a roof to keep out the rain. Meanwhile, a home is the cry of a baby, a laugh of husband and wife, warmth of living hearts, light from happy eyes, kindness, loyalty, and comradeship. Home is first school for the young, where they learn what is right and wrong. Home is where we go to ease the pain. Where joy is shared and sorrow is healed. Where money is not as important as love.
What is so interesting about this? It’s hard to tell. Until we found these quotes:
- Why do you have your front door leading right into the dining room? So my relatives won’t have to waste anytime.
- The sellers told me their house was near the water. It was in the basement.
- Realtor sign: We have “lots” to be thankful for.
- Realtor: first you folks tell me what you can afford, then we’ll have a good laugh and go on from there.
- The dream of the older generation was to pay off a mortgage. The dream of today’s young families is to get one.
- There is no longer a need for the neutron bomb. We already have something that destroys people and leaves buildings intact. It’s called a mortgage.
- If you think no one cares you’re alive, miss a couple of house payments.
- My buyers went through debt consolidation. Now they have only one bill they won’t pay.
- My agent was always smiling. I didn’t think anybody could have that many teeth without being a barracuda.
- If you want to know exactly where the property line is, just watch the neighbor cut the grass.
- Houses today don’t have enough closet space. Sure they do. They’re just called guest bedrooms.
- Trivia: The floors of buildings are called stories because early European builders used to paint picture stories on the sides of their houses. Each floor had a different story.
- A lot of homes have been spoiled by inferior desecrators.–Frank Lloyd Wright
- I bought a two story house. One story before I bought, and another after.
- The house is only 5 minutes from shopping…. (if you’ve got an airplane).
This country is great. It’s the only place where you can borrow money for a down payment, get a 1st and 2nd mortgage and call yourself a homeowner.
- Home is where the mortgage is.
- A housewarming is the final call for those who haven’t sent a wedding present.
- The best part of a real estate bargain is the neighbor.
- The house was more covered with mortgages than with paint.
- This house has every new convenience except low payments.
- The trouble with owning a home is that no matter where you sit, you’re looking at something you should be doing.
- They have all electric in home. Everything in it is charged.
- The house has a wall to wall carpet and back to wall payment.
- A typical home has a TV set that is adjusted better than the kids.
- House problem: The oven is self-cleaning, but the kids aren’t.
- Homesickness is what you feel every month when the mortgage is due.
Welcome to Homerie, another home for us. Please, have a sit. Take a tour. And feel free to give us feedback.