Envy? Why the name of this massage and spa services is Envy? Doesn’t that sound like a negative tone? Ah, leave it. But yes, we are talking about Massage Envy NJ (New Jersey). Actually, they are not only in NJ. The Massage Envy’s brand spreads all over the US with more than 1,000 branches (franchisees). Have you tried one? How do you like it?
Massage Envy NJ Reviews
There are some complaints on Massage Envy in NJ. For example, Sharon in Old Bridge. She complained about different price through a massage gift card with the price in the lobby. Meanwhile, Cindy in Jersey City, NJ, said she never had parking, so she had to find it further. Also about trouble when she gifted to family member and friend.
Sometimes, Massage Envy’s program, promo, or gift cards are troublesome. But the main services are usually excellent. They have competent therapists. You can enjoy variations in pressure, technique, body’s areas, etc. Here some of them:
- Trigger Point Therapy. A trigger point is a tight area inside the muscle tissue that causes pain in other parts of the body. In the back, for instance, may reduce referral pain in the neck. So, the massage therapy would lessen the source of pain. You can actively participates through deep breathing while identifying the exact location of the discomfort.
- Swedish Massage Therapy. It’s a common technique to relax the entire body by rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes. The massage increases oxygen level in the blood, decreases muscle toxins, while improving circulation and flexibility. The therapist will use hands, palms, firm kneading, percussion-like tapping, bending and stretching.
- Deep Tissue Massage Therapy. It focuses on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons, also fascia (the protective layer surrounding muscles, joints and bones). A study in 2010 said that one’s blood pressure fell after 45-60 minutes deep tissue massage. It also reduces stress hormone levels and heart rate while boosting mood by releasing oxytocin and serotonin.
- Sports Massage Therapy. It aims areas of the body that are overused and stressed from repetitive and often aggressive movements. Sports massage therapy can enhance pre-event preparation and reduce recovery time for maximum performance during training or after an event. It promotes flexibility, improves endurance, and prepares for optimal performance.
- Reflexology Massage. This is really useful for you who suffer from plantar fasciitis, ankle injuries or even everyday work and play. Reflexology won’t only help relieve toe pain, ankle pain, plantar fasciitis and common forms of arthritis, but can also decrease stress and anxiety in the entire body. The more you go for this massage, the healthier you feel.
- Cranial Sacral Therapy. People knows it as craniosacral therapy too. It’s a gentle, noninvasive form of bodywork that deals with bones of the head, spinal column and sacrum. The intention is to release compression in those areas which eases stress and pain. Another method to treat head pain is with scalp massage, which can be really relaxing.
- Hot Stone Massage Therapy. The direct heat of the stones relaxes muscles. It allows the therapist to access your deeper muscle layers. Combining hot stones therapy with a full body massage provides a completely healing experience. The hot stones are also believed expand blood vessels, which encourages blood flow all over the body.
- Prenatal Massage. A specific therapy to relieve discomforts during pregnancy, like backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and swelling. It reduces stress on weight-bearing joints, encourages blood and lymph circulation, relax nervous tension (which makes you sleep better), and relieve depression or anxiety due to hormonal changes.
- Geriatric Massage Therapy. It’s for the senior people. Geriatric massage is useful to enhance blood circulation, combat depression, improve balance and flexibility, reduce the pain of arthritis, increase joint mobility, improve posture, and encourage overall well-being.
- Enhance Therapy. Such as Aroma Therapy (a therapy uses fragrant oils extracted from herbs, flowers and fruits), Deep Muscle Therapy (a customized, full-body massage with warming and cooling thermal products), Sugar Foot Scrub Therapy (foot scrub features sugar for naturally hydrating properties soothe and smooth), etc.
Location of Massage Envy NJ
|Massage Envy Spa||Address||Telephone|
|1||Bayonne #932||211 Lefante Way, Bayonne. NJ 07002.||(201) 243-1777|
|2||Berkeley Heights #955||402-404 Springfield Ave. Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922||(908) 464-0070|
|3||Branchburg #687||3150 Rt. 22W. Branchburg, NJ 08876||(908) 704-0404|
|4||Brick #993||682 Route 70. Brick, NJ 08723||(732) 920-3100|
|5||Cherry Hill #865||941 Haddonfield Rd. Cherry Hill, NJ 08002||(856) 665-3800|
|6||Chester #233||145 Route 206 South. Chester, NJ 07930||(908) 879-4200|
|7||Clifton #273||852 Route 3 West. Clifton, NJ 07012||(973) 340-ENVY (3689)|
|8||Closter #263||117 Vervalen Street. Closter, NJ 07624||(201) 784-3333|
|9||East Brunswick #230||314 Rt. 18 North. East Brunswick, NJ 08816||(732) 238-4444|
|10||East Rutherford #992||100 Route 17 North. East Rutherford, NJ 07073||201-728-9460|
|11||Edgewater #280||725 River Rd. Edgewater, NJ 07020||(201) 941-2424|
|12||Englewood Towne Centre #829||28 West Palisade Avenue. Englewood, NJ 07631||(201) 655-7300|
|13||Fair Lawn #1194||2150 Promenade Blvd. Fair Lawn, NJ 07410||(201) 794-2000|
|14||Flemington #622||100 Reaville Ave. Flemington, NJ 08822||(908) 782-2223|
|15||Florham Park #52||184 Columbia Turnpike. Florham Park, NJ 07932||(973) 822-2300|
|16||Freehold #219||57 Village Center Dr. Freehold, NJ 07728||(732) 845-3300|
|17||Garwood #101||518 North Avenue. Garwood, NJ 07027||(908) 233-4442|
|18||Hillsborough #682||30 Falcon Road. Hillsborough, NJ 08844||(908) 281-7995|
|19||Hoboken #650||1170 Maxwell Ln. Hoboken, NJ 07030||(201) 253-1000|
|20||Holmdel #128||2101 Route 35. Holmdel, NJ 07733||(732) 796-1000|
|21||Jersey City Downtown #539||389 Washington Street. Jersey City, NJ 07302||(201) 427-7997|
|22||Princeton #192||3373 Brunswick Pike, Suite 55. Lawrenceville, NJ 08648||(609) 750-0140|
|23||Marlboro #287||126 Us Hwy 9. Englishtown, NJ 07726||(732) 972-9800|
|24||Marlton Crossing #484||153 Route 73 South. Marlton, NJ 08053||(856) 983-8333|
|25||Mays Landing #745||278 Consumer Square. Mays Landing, NJ 08330||(609) 404-0200|
|26||Morris Plains #223||1711 State Route 10 East. Morris Plains, NJ 07950||(973) 539-2900|
|27||Mount Laurel #485||46 Centerton Rd. Mount Laurel, NJ 08054||(856) 780-1078|
|28||New Brunswick #1025||100 Kirkpatrick Street 2nd Floor. New Brunswick, NJ 08901||(732) 246-3300|
|29||Paramus #369||805 Bergen Town Center. Paramus, NJ 07652||(201) 291-0100|
|30||Parsippany #474||1119 US Route 46 East. Parsippany, NJ 07054||(973) 335-4900|
|31||Ramsey #218||39 Interstate Shopping Center. Ramsey, NJ 07446||(201) 236-2550|
|32||River Edge #1008||Located at the New Bridge Landing at River Edge, NJ 07661||–|
|33||Robbinsville #193||1140 US Route 130 Suite 7. Robbinsville, NJ 08691||(609) 259-5432|
|34||Rockaway #222||343 Mount Hope Ave. Rockaway, NJ 07866||(973) 366-7077|
|35||Sea Girt #538||2100 Highway 35 #7. Sea Girt, NJ 08750||(732) 449-ENVY (3689)|
|36||Short Hills #473||726 Morris Turnpike. Short Hills, NJ 07078||(973) 467-5700|
|37||Shrewsbury #217||210 Shrewsbury Plaza. Shrewsbury, NJ 07702||(732) 460-1919|
|38||Montgomery #722||1325 Route 206 Suite #18. Skillman, NJ 08558||(609) 921-7000|
|39||Toms River #994||2 Route 37 West Suite G-4. Toms River, NJ 08753||(732) 341-3300|
|40||Verona #79||285 Pompton Ave. Verona, NJ 07044||(973) 571-1322|
|41||Waldwick #264||26 Franklin Turnpike. Waldwick, NJ 07463||(201) 689-8400|
|42||Warren #239||12 Mt Bethel Rd. Warren, NJ 07059||(908) 412 6200|
|43||Wayne #195||1220 Hamburg Turnpike. Wayne, NJ 07470||(973) 686-ENVY (3689)|
|44||Westwood – NJ #368||286 Fairview Avenue. Westwood, NJ 07675||(201) 722-0055|
|45||Woodbridge – NJ #102||29 Woodbridge Center Dr. Woodbridge, NJ 07095||(732) 855-0500|
Prices of Massage Envy NJ services
It’s hard to say the exact price. Could be from 50 to 200 USD/hour. It really depends on where you go for that massage and the type of treatment you want. However, at Massage Envy NJ, there are always special prices for first-time visitors, and members can take advantage of lower monthly rates.
Do we still have to leave a tip? It’s tentative. Tipping 10-20% of the price, or more if you really enjoyed the season, is customary. But if you didn’t like it, no tip is no problem.